funholiday

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
richard t

Re: funholiday

Post by richard t »

sabre2 wrote:Well,The "nail"was removed on the 9th as arranged.A couple of hours later I was hobbling out of hospital with walking stick and a large bag when my surgeon quickly walked past me and said"That looks sore"! Bloody piss-taker.Agony for a few days,still painful--But,Hey--I'm still alive and kicking(Not literally).Blue skies,KC.
I feel for you, I had a total knee replacement 3 weeks ago, it was and is quite painful, rehab is hell too but I'm being told it will be better when it's all over, I'm just looking forward to driving a car again then the bike.
sabre2

Post by sabre2 »

Yes,I believe it gets a lot better ! (Army pal had both knees done--and now walks quicker than his wife).I have to wait four months before next appointment.Still riding NASTY Yamaha V1agra.Blue skies,KC.
Blue Skies,K.C.
Ken in Oklahoma

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

richard t wrote:
I feel for you, I had a total knee replacement 3 weeks ago, it was and is quite painful, rehab is hell too but I'm being told it will be better when it's all over, I'm just looking forward to driving a car again then the bike.

You know, Richard, if you can drive a car it would be way cool for you and LaDonna could make it to the Boxerworks rally at my place the weekend of May 17th. If I remember correctly you have a perfect attendence record. Plus, if you don't make it then who will tell us stories? ;)

Well, I guess there is Duane, but we need you too.

Ken

Post by richard t »

Ken in Oklahoma wrote:
richard t wrote:
You know, Richard, if you can drive a car it would be way cool for you and LaDonna could make it to the Boxerworks rally at my place the weekend of May 17th. If I remember correctly you have a perfect attendence record. Plus, if you don't make it then who will tell us stories? ;)

Well, I guess there is Duane, but we need you too.

Ken
While I'm a bit of a BSer myself, I do like to listen to a real pro when I have a chance.
Last edited by Steveb990 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote
Duane Ausherman

Post by Duane Ausherman »

That's why I show up. I have a great set of friends and they deserve new material of the highest quality. So, I plan to attend and take note of the best stories.
Ask the Indians what happens when you don't control immigration.
sabre2

Post by sabre2 »

Well,After almost thirty months since my skydiving"mishap"I'm still riding the reviled Yamaha V!agra.Still aiming to ride my last BMW within the next six months.Another appointment with the surgeon next month.Blue skies,KC.
Blue Skies,K.C.
sabre2

Post by sabre2 »

Well,Next week sees the third anniversary of my skydiving"misshap".I'm still much the same--walking(badly)with a stick,still riding the detested Yamaha V1agra and missing working too.BUT,Tomorrow I intend to jump again.Got to face my Demons and hopefully not make too much of an idiot of myself.I'm really looking forward to getting in the air again,But Diane is NOT VERY HAPPY about it--and might not come with me.Another hospital appointment on Monday to look forward to.
Blue Skies,K.C.
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

"But Diane is NOT VERY HAPPY about it"

Really?
Garnet

Major Softie

Post by Major Softie »

Garnet wrote:"But Diane is NOT VERY HAPPY about it"

Really?
Yeah, that seems so hard to understand....
MS - out
sabre2

Post by sabre2 »

Well,despite my expectations we've had a GREAT day,Diane was quickly absorbed into the old crowd,lots of laughs,much piss-taking and banter.I did two jumps,it was like I'd never been away.p.s.There were no Demons to face.Just great fun with good friends.
Blue Skies,K.C.