App Warns Drivers that Bikers Are Nearby

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
dwerbil

App Warns Drivers that Bikers Are Nearby

Post by dwerbil »

Click for pics
04 R1150RT ~ 78 R100/7 ~ 84 RS ~ 93 K1100RS ~ 65 R60/2
Randy in Round Rock
Garnet

Re: App Warns Drivers that Bikers Are Nearby

Post by Garnet »

Sounds great on paper.............. but I'll still consider myself invseable until I know that 110% of the cages have that built into their GPSs. :geek:
Garnet

Jeff in W.C.

Post by Jeff in W.C. »

Do not use your phone while in the car!!!! Unless of course you're using the app to locate a bike--huh? Anybody else see the conflict here?
Jeff in W.C.
1988 R100 RT
2018 R1200 GS
"I've got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer/Clash
Steve in Golden

Post by Steve in Golden »

Us bikers need an app that warns when dumb cagers are nearby. Until we have it, I assume all cagers are dumb. And deaf. And blind.
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

I certainly find that I'm much less aware of what's around me when I'm driving a car than when I'm on my bike. As a result, when I'm riding with a bit of exuberance, I try and see it from a cager's point of view. They have just checked their mirror or their blind spot a few moments ago, so they change lanes or pull away from the stop sign, and this motorcycle is suddenly right there. Where did it come from?

To keep my sanity, not to mention my life, I don't get excited when someone cuts me off or pulls out in front of me when I'm riding faster than what one would expect. At times I literally appear out of thin air, or so it seems to a cager, so I must take full responsibility for my own safety and stay out of their way, or if need be, slow down.

So if there was some warning on the dash of a car beeping that a motorcycle was nearby, perhaps that person may not roll through that stop sign. Or it may just be another annoying thing beeping in the car that takes the driver's eyes off the road, right when they should be looking around to see me magically appear out of nowhere. :?
Garnet

Bamboo812

Post by Bamboo812 »

I can see the ad campaign now, "Load Bytes, Save Lives"
Major Softie

Post by Major Softie »

Jeff in W.C. wrote:Do not use your phone while in the car!!!! Unless of course you're using the app to locate a bike--huh? Anybody else see the conflict here?
I'm with you, Jeff.
MS - out
Major Softie

Post by Major Softie »

Jeff in W.C. wrote:Do not use your phone while in the car!!!! Unless of course you're using the app to locate a bike--huh? Anybody else see the conflict here?
I'm with you, Jeff.
MS - out
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

Yeah, um , it's kinda basic .

I won't look out the window, I'll look down at my phone and be so much safer . :?
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead
Sibbo

Post by Sibbo »

Softie agrees twice as much as me . ;)
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know"
The Grateful Dead