App Warns Drivers that Bikers Are Nearby

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
Major Softie

Re: App Warns Drivers that Bikers Are Nearby

Post by Major Softie »

Sibbo wrote:Softie agrees twice as much as me . ;)
I even managed to agree twice as much as me.
MS - out
Rob

Post by Rob »

Sibbo wrote:Softie agrees twice as much as me . ;)
he's doing that a lot lately.
Rob V
BobW

Post by BobW »

Why not a required app to turn off cellphone service when phone is moving more than one foot per hour. Cell phone lobby is too strong and a lot of people feed their egos by having to be in touch all the time. Get serious. I lived most of my life without a cellphone and see no reason I need to talk on one while driving.
I could make a good argument for no windows in cars, at least that way the driver could hear an emergency vehicle coming up behind them.
Require all drivers to start with two wheels for the first 100,000 miles and then get to use three or four. Another 100,000 and then be able to add more wheels.
Why make the world safer?
Bob
Major Softie

Post by Major Softie »

BobW wrote:Why not a required app to turn off cellphone service when phone is moving more than one foot per hour.
Bob
Well, lots of reasons:

1. You said one foot per hour, which is many thousands of times slower than walking. ;)
You can't even go with one foot per second without making impossible to walk while using your cell.

2. Assuming one did come up with an acceptable speed that was clearly not possible on foot, now you have made it impossible for every passenger, including every person riding public transportation, to use their phones.

It's not just the "cell phone lobby" that would find your idea unacceptable, it's everyone.
BobW wrote: I could make a good argument for no windows in cars, at least that way the driver could hear an emergency vehicle coming up behind them.
Require all drivers to start with two wheels for the first 100,000 miles and then get to use three or four. Another 100,000 and then be able to add more wheels.
Why make the world safer?
Bob
You don't live where there's a real winter, do you, Bob? :roll:
MS - out