Here's something you don't see everyday.

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Garnet

Here's something you don't see everyday.

Post by Garnet »

Found on this site: http://boxermetal.com/
Garnet

Ken in Oklahoma

Re: Here's something you don't see everyday.

Post by Ken in Oklahoma »

That is very cool. It makes me wonder if I need one, or two, or three.

It looks like a very good knockoff of the late 50's to early 60's Triumph tank parcel grid. It also looks to have been expressly designed for that tank in the pic. The parcel grid on my '57 Triumph Thunderbird is significantly wider in the front and narrower in the rear.

When I was a kid riding the Triumph back in the day I thought the parcel grid was very un-cool. Very old foggey, and decidedly not the racy image I wanted to project to any young girls who might be watching. But it was my dad's bike and I couldn't take it off or he would have a fit. And if I did take it off, there would still be the holes in the tank where the screws go.

But now I am an old foggey and I like the grid. Wouldn't take it off for nuthin' And the girls I want to attract aren't girls either.

Could be I might change again when I hit my second childhood. But I doubt I'll be interested in impressing the girls. I mean old women. Who wants young girls? Their bodies may be perfect but their minds aren't. (With a rare exception or two, I reckon.)

Ken

Post by chasbmw »

I think that triumph removed the parcel racks when the rack removed a riders crown jewels in an accident.
Charles
Replica 1070 R90/S (based on 82 RT)
1975 R90/6
Motu

Post by Motu »

We used to call them toast racks on Triumphs - so that's a double toaster tank.