1988 R100RT Front End Oscillation

Discuss all things 1970 & later Airheads right here.
Major Softie

Re: 1988 R100RT Front End Oscillation

Post by Major Softie »

Duane Ausherman wrote:
ME 109 wrote:Duane, Peter did a google search and here he is. This forum is supposed to be one of the best sources of information.
I don't have problems with people finding Boxerworks and asking questions.

Peter, did you have your hands off the bars when the wobble started?
I see no evidence of his mentioning a Google search.
Although it's not conclusive proof....

Peter joined on the 19th. Duane, what would you say is the most likely way he found us???????
MS - out
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

Duane Ausherman wrote:
I see no evidence of his mentioning a Google search. No, this is one place to start if one has a lot of time and ability to figure out which posters know the subject and which just are able to type.
What makes other sites on the internet more credible than Boxerworks?

What? ME isn't on them? Oh, yeah. I didn't think of that. :mrgreen:
Lord of the Bings
Duane Ausherman

Post by Duane Ausherman »

I wasn't thinking of sites where one could ask questions. My point is that nearly everything that one could want to know about our BMW motorcycles is on one website or another, usually a few.

I find that most of those are quite credible. Each author explains it a bit differently and one should find writing that makes sense. This can be done quickly and therefore doesn't have to wait a day or two to get answers. Besides, the answers may contradict each other and then what does the newbie do?

In places like this, a person with a keyboard can appear to be an expert. Some of the stuff written has been pure garbage and dangerous.

The perspective of a site like snafu is one person's experience of restoring a bike. It shows the daily progress and problems as they come up for a mostly non mechanic at the first go around. I think it quite valuable. My site is the opposite, as it is an average of a large data base, reducing daily as I age.
Ask the Indians what happens when you don't control immigration.